Steven Wright - “I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, 'Where’s the self-help section?' She said if she told me it would defeat the purpose.”

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Working on my TBR

Well, in between all the storms that have been hitting all around us lately, I've been working on cataloguing all the book in my TBR (to-be-read pile). I must admit it's a monumental task. I didn't realize how many books I had until I started pulling them out and typing them into my Excel spreadsheet where I attempt to keep up with everything. I've found about five books so far that I had duplicates of which is amazing considering that I'm on book number 1,143! The sad thing is, I'm just over halfway done with my collection. I'll probably hit two thousand before I'm done. I blame it on the fact that a lot of the books I enjoy reading are parts of series, and I'm horribly anal about having them all in my possession before I begin reading them. I can't stand to read a book out of order! The best part about my new cataloguing system is that in addition to the title, author, and ISBN#, I've got a column that tells me exactly what shelf on which bookcase the book is stored. It makes it soooo much faster to find the one I need! Anyway, I guess I'm off to work on entering some more before our power blinks again. One reminder when working on computer files... SAVE!

No comments: